Recipes: A Journey to Asia
Stir-Fried Oyster with Fermented Black Bean
- 1 lb small oysters
- 1 oz fermented black bean
- 1/2 oz garlic chopped
- 1/2 oz red chili sliced
- 1 oz leek (green garlic) sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce paste
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch paste
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon
- Rub oysters gently with salt, then rinse with water, drain.
- Blanch the oysters in boiling water, drain right away to prevent over cook.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil, sweat the fermented bean, garlic, add wine, soy sauce paste, sugar, pepper, and oyster, and keep stir-frying for 5 seconds.
- Add leek, chili, then thicken with corn starch paste. Serve hot.