Chief Commercial Officer
T. Komura has worked for the Ajinomoto Group for the past 28 years. He leads corporate strategic planning, corporate governance and corporate communication.
His strategic planning responsibilities include mid-term business planning and execution and supporting the company’s business portfolio strategy, including mergers and acquisitions.
Chief Commercial Officer of Corporate Planning, Sales and Marketing, R&D and President of Ajinomoto Toyo Frozen Noodles.
He has worked for the Ajinomoto Group for the past 28 years. He leads Sales, Marketing, R&D for both CPG and Foodservice Strategic Business Units as well as corporate strategic planning, corporate governance and corporate communication.
His strategic planning responsibilities include mid-term business planning and execution and supporting the company’s business strategy to lead Strategic Business Units. (SBU)
In his corporate governance role, he oversees decision- making and communication, including communication with global headquarters in Tokyo. As leader of corporate communication, His responsibilities include strategic planning for internal and external communication, corporate branding support and public relations. Prior to his current roles, he spent eight years in the marketing department and two years in the overseas business department at the Tokyo headquarters, and five years as the president of Ajinomoto Sales Indonesia.
His strengths and accomplishments include:
- Coordinating post-merger integration
- following the Windsor Foods acquisition in 2014, and creating a mid-term business plan to accelerate business growth in the U.S.
- Increasing shelf-stable soup sales in Japan from $230M to more than $300 through innovative product launches and organic growth as part of CPG brand marketing.
- Leading Ajinomoto Sales Indonesia in double-digit growth every year in his five-year tenure as president.
- Supporting global business in the international department, visiting more than 30 countries in Asia, North and South America, Europe and Africa.
He earned a BA in Political Science in the Law Department of Keio University in Tokyo, Japan. He also earned a Professional Cooking License of Japan, certified by the government of Kanagawa Prefecture.
© Copyright Ajinomoto Foods North America 2018